not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, November 11, 2004

It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~ Rita Rudner

I must be the luckiest person in the whole wide world. Really. Because instead of just one person to annoy, I have all of you.

A year ago today, I started blogging. I started because I needed a venue to let out some of the thoughts that were swimming in my head, and I missed keeping a journal. I started the original blog (How Martini Got Her Groove Back) just to let some of my writing juices start flowing again. Then, I realized how much I hated EasyJournal's interface, and then I came to Blogger. I started blogging as "Grey Goose Cosmo" ... my favorite drink. After a slight mishap (read: sending an email to business associates with my link in the tagline), I moved here to "not-so-dirty laundry".

Over the past year, I have seriously learned to live again. It sounds so dramatic, but it's true. In the turn of the wheel of this year, I've managed to do all of the following things, and then some. Each line is linked to the accompanying story. Enjoy. And pick somethin' off my wish list and send it to me to celebrate. I like presents and stuff.

Hooked up with my first love for one last fling
Got a tattoo
Ranted about random shit
Hated Valentine's Day
Wallowed in self-pity
Saw Jordan Knight in concert
Ranted about my shrink
Helped one of my best friends move away
Turned 27, without major incident
Wallowed in more self-pity
Wallowed in self-pity on The Wedding Anniversary
Cried seemingly endless tears for sweet little Lily
Had a feminist rant
Went on a date
Was there when a good friend won Miss Ohio
Got my head out of my ass
Found out a guy I dated was married, not seperated as he claimed
Bedded a man that is quite possibly the hottest guy I've ever dated
Discovered AudioBlogger
Remembered why I hate anything cinnamon flavored or scented
Fried three (yes, three) computers
Ranted about more random shit
Shared one of the most painful moments of my life with you
Spilled "The Ex-Files"
Fell for someone I shouldn't have, and didn't intend to
Ranted about TheFirm
Let go of my one remaining heartache
Met up with Beej during a road-trip to see TheBoy
Spent a weekend in Atlantic City with The Others (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
Got back to Mass on a regular basis
Dated a guy
Dated yet another guy
Went on still another date ... and realized that I like this one
Ranted about narrow-minded ass-hats
Got close to needing a padded cell
Threw out my "confirmed bachelor" status, and started a new chapter in my life