not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Back in the saddle, lookin for a little affection
I took a shot as a contestant on the Love Connection


So. I went on a date. It was nice. We went to Bar Louie for a Martini. You know what kind.

We arrived at 6:30, and finally realized that I had to go home and pack at nearly 9. Conversation was nice, and I had a nice time. Will I go out with him again? Likely. Was "the spark" there? I don't think so. It wasn't that jolt of electricity that I have felt before, that simmering chemistry that makes me stand up and say "THANK GOD you came into my life!" This has only happened one time in my whole entire life. You know when.

I don't know if I'm really ready for anything other than very very very casual though. My heart has really been through the shredder, and I don't know if I'm in the frame of mind to let anyone in again. I guess that I am just looking to fill a spot in my heart that really can only be filled in one way, by one person. You know who.

It's Miss Ohio week, so I'm going to sign off till Sunday. Princess will be with me tomorrow and Thursday night. Gal-Pal arrives on Friday, and I'm looking forward to a great weekend of fun and debauchery with her. I'll pop on tomorrow from work (working a half day) to check email and respond to any comments, but then it's "lights out" after noon. See ya soon - I'll be wearing a pink carnation.