not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, October 21, 2004

OK. Maybe God Doesn't Really Love The Yankees After All.

10-3? TEN RUNS TO THREE RUNS? And to add insult to injury ... a grand slam. Oh, Torre. Say it ain't so. I can't really discuss the finer points of the Yankee Massacre Of 2004, as I didn't really pay much mind to the game after the grand slam sealed the deal. You know ... kissing bandit and all.

About the date... because isn't that what you really want to know anyways?

Went for dinner with an e-mail pal. We share the same snarky (and somewhat obscene) sense of humor, and I said "hey, what the hell ... why not. Let's just see where this goes." Went to Restaraunt Hama, a dandy little sushi joint at Easton. Kirin Lights all around, California rolls for he, more california rolls and tempura dinner box for I. Neither of us were really in a sashmi mood (damn it, I want rice this time ...). The miso soup left a bit to be desired (actually, it may have been good but I just wasn't feeling it at that moment). But that's OK, the marinated cucumber salad more than made up for it. Smart-ass Martini poked at some of the candied ginger with her chopsticks to "kill" it before eating, but accidentally got a rice-grain-sized smidge of wasabi on it. This made my eyes water and made me choke. Apparently I'm not as funny as I thought I was ... real smooth, H.

Anyhow, we sat and giggled and talked for nearly two hours. Our stepford-wife-like waitress didn't seem to mind ... maybe she'd had too many anti-psychotic drugs to care ... and then it dawned on me ... half hour till first pitch. ACK! Panic! What to do, what to do ... then Martini did the unthinkable. Yes boys and girls, he ended up at Casa De Martini on the first date, crashed and sprawled out on the floor in front of the fireplace, watching the Yankees get spanked. There were dishes in the sink, crushed-up cookies on the floor, sweeper needs ran ... and I didn't care. My foot was all swelled up, and I had to wear my brace all night ... and I didn't care. Vanity went out the window. I had a hard time kicking him out after the game ... not because I planned on closing the deal, but because I liked him being there. Cookie crumbs and all.