not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, August 22, 2004

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Do you really think that this is true? I mean, do you really feel more strongly about someone when they aren't around as much?

Spent the weekend with Mango* TheBoy**. Although I can honestly say that my feelings haven't "intensified", per se, but instead they have been reassured. Does that make sense? Let me try to explain: I can certainly say that I have a much brighter day when he is with me, and I really like having him around. I anticipate the time we get to spend together, even if it's just crashed on the floor laughing, or taking a wonderful mid-afternoon nap. I even enjoy it when he openly mocks me ... his playfully calling me a Yankee is rather amusing. Due to our schedules over the next short while, we will not have much time to be together. Hopefully we will resolve our conflicts quickly, as I enjoy his company very much. Time moves far too quickly when we're together.

Went out last night. We had planned on hitting the 5:25 showing of Collateral but umm ... we just didn't quite make it. So, we waited for the 7:00, and hit Robek's first. Whoo hoo, he's no longer a virgin. Big Wednesday for me, Mango Madness for he. Hit the AMC at Easton. The movie: It was faboo. I'm a pretty big Michael Mann fan (I, unlike Mango TheBoy, enjoy movies that make you think a la American Beauty and the like). Tom Cruise, although not my favorite actor, was refreshing in the role of the "bad ass". He actually used the word FUCK on screen. I don't recall him ever uttering that word in a movie before. Do you? And could Jada Pinkett Smith have been ANY freaking hotter? She is one luscious woman.

After the movie, we strolled over to Brio. Had a short wait for the best seating, so we sat out on the commons and watched people run through the fountain. Dined on the patio, of course. Had a dynamite shrimp risutto with a cheese/cream sauce (yup, straight to my ass), and some of their trademark flatbread. Complement with a nice glass of riesling and some fabulous company, et voila ... a great date. We took the long way back to the car, hand-in-hand, and drove on home. Took SuperPup for a quick walk (I had him last night), and then crashed.

This morning ... oh my. I have a newfound respect for mornings. And my shower. I won't bust him out too bad - but shall we just say that I found out that I can indeed exhaust my hot water supply? Oh and: he charmed me very much this morning. Ended up with a crappy migraine (of all freaking days), and only ate a tiny bit of breakfast. He could tell I felt awful, as I was quiet. He kissed me on top of the head while at breakfast, I found that very charming (go ahead ... say it with me ... awwww).

We came back here and took a short nap, bodies completely intertwined. Have I mentioned that they fit together really well? I slept so well, and "slept off" my headache. Unfortunately, a half-hour nap elapsed, and then he had to go. I hate saying goodbye to him. I suck at it. I thought I'd like the "buffer zone" of the distance between us, but I am becoming increasingly loathesome of it.

I'm tired. I think I shall nap now. He wore me out. And that's saying a lot.

10:40 PM EDIT: I realized a short time ago that my shower curtain rod has been pulled out of the wall. Whoops. Good thing I rent ... I'll just call maintenance tomorrow and have them come and fix it. But there is no chance in hell that I'm telling them how it got broken ... now THAT'S a great thought to take to bed with me.

* I've decided to call him that, as he was a little more than excited about the Mango Madness smoothie at Robek's. (If I recall correctly, something to the effect of "Oooh! Mango! I like Mango.") This, of course, launched us into a "you cannot have the Mango" giggle-fest. Funny guys are so damned hot. So, Mango it is. Besides, you people can't settle on an appropriate name for him. It's not fair for him to remain, as DQ says, "HeWhoShallNotBeNamed (a.k.a. HeWhoStillDoesn'tHaveACoolBlogName)".

** 8:10 AM EDIT: Due to overwhelming popular demand, he shall just be branded the totally unoriginal and uninventive name of "TheBoy". I've got far better things to obsess over. Like, why in the hell I can't be independently wealthy and linger in my bubble bath all day. Oh and PS ... just noticed that my clothes from Saturday are laying all over the living room still. Whoops. Better take care of that before I call for maintenance ... wouldn't want some guy seeing my v-strings.