not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, June 27, 2004

Just one of the seven deadly sins.
That's not a bad ratio, right?


Since when did adultery come into vogue? I just finished reading Living Single, and was less than thrilled with it. It was too wishy-washy for me, and tried to concentrate on so many parts of Erin's (the protagonist's) life that it didn't really do justice to any of them. The main story line, however, was Erin's affair with a married man. She KNEW he was married, and continued the affair anyways. I read the book, and gained an interesting perspective that I've never had before - the INTENTIONAL other woman. I've been the other woman, but never intentionally. And this happened to me in the fairly recent past. See, a certain person who shall remain nameless (but has made an appearance in this blog) is married. Not separated, as he would have me believe. Oh no, still married. And I found out about this and was NOT thrilled. There are only two major deal breakers with me in life: liars and cheaters. And this person is obviously both.

Let me explain a bit better. This person had been unhappily married for quite some time. But, he led me to believe that he had filed for separation, and they were in the court-imposed thirty day waiting period (before getting a finalization date in front of a judge/magistrate). Then some other "things" came up, and "delays" happened ... then before I knew it, four months had elapsed without any semblance of forward movement. About a month ago, when I was really in that period of introspection about R, I put a significant bit of distance between us. Come to find out (via a handy-dandy Internet search) that the papers were never even filed in the first place. Half of me is so bitterly angry about being lied to, that it's taking everything in me not to pick up the phone and ruin his life. But the other part of me knows, deep down, that exacting that kind of revenge will only hurt his children.

After talking to a mutual friend, it came out that "You didn't know that? Really? He has no intention of leaving her, ever. It's a total marriage of convenience, they both have their mutual dalliances, and put on a happy corporate face when necessary." Fabulous. So he's a serial whore. Just freaking fabulous.

At least I'm not the total cliche ... "the only thing created when a man marries his mistress: a job opening."

I think all this rates a "WHAT THE FUCK?" Is it too much to ask for a man that can keep his cock in his pants, and to be equally as committed to you as he expects you to be to him? And why is it socially acceptable to fuck around on your spouse? I'm certainly not a prude (maybe I'll be brave enough to write up "The Ex-Files" for you all someday), but Christ on a cracker, I respect a solemn wedding vow! From someone that's been on the receiving end of an affair (for those of you that don't know, I discovered shortly post-separation that R had a girlfriend ... who was also married. Nice.), it is a pain like no one has ever known before. And God damn it, I'm not going to be The Other Woman. Not consciously, anyways.

Rec'd an email recently from The Cheater ... all it said was "Are you ignoring me? Haven't heard from you, wonder if you are OK. Call me, you know the number." And what did I do? That's right - promptly hit delete.

Was up at mom and dad's this weekend. I was supposed to help at a beep-ball tournament, but it got cancelled (and no one bothered to call me and let me know. Nice.) So, today I helped my mom and dad out by volunteering at a tournament/picnic for a league of 6-9 year old girls that play softball. Drove by B's place of business, which is close to the softball complex. Thought briefly about stopping, as his big huge Suburban and that Ducati that I love so much was out front - along with a hose, where he was obviously washing said truck and bike. I would have guessed that he would have been out on his boat today, as it was a really nice day, but I guess not. Oh and the best part about him washing his multitude of toys? Presumably, he would do so shirtless, as I like him. But alas, I decided I had enough drama/trauma in my life without bringing him back into it. I drove on by, without stopping. At least I had enough to keep my brain occupied during the drive home - a naked B is a good B, in my opinion. 'Tis better to keep the fantasy in my head of the hot man, than to mire it all in uncomfortable conversation, you know?

I'm hoping that this is a better week than last, without cheaters, liars and whores. And, for that matter, no more of R stringing me along. At least there's one exciting thing happening this week. Here's to Day One, and the inevitable bounty to my 401k that it will bring.