not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, March 30, 2004

though it’s hard to let you go
in the father’s hands we know
that a lifetime’s not too long to live as friends


Tonight was really bittersweet. I went over to C and E's to help them pack up. I got all the way through the kitchen in a matter of two and a half hours. It felt really good to help a friend, but really sad knowing that they will be gone soon.

R stopped by with Maverick (the Yorkie that used to be ours together). He used to totally be a mommy's boy, but not anymore. It sucks. He seemed to be happy to see me, but I think he's happy to see just about anyone. I miss my dog. I couldn't take him when I moved out because my house doesn't have a yard for him to potty in.

It is really funny how he got his name ... after Maverick in "Top Gun" ... the movie we were watching the first time we made love. Every time I think of that old couch (the frame was hanging out) and being led up the steps in the townhouse we used to share, I have to smile. I still remember the way the sunlight danced on R's face in the morning, when we woke up together. I remember looking at him and thinking, "I could do this for the rest of my life."

R and I had a great email conversation at work, but when he stopped by C's to drop off a laptop, it was strained. I really wanted to tell C that I would be back after a walk with R, but I didnt; I refrained. R didn't ask, and neither do I. R looks really stressed and very tired. I want to just lay his tired head in my lap, tickle his face softly with the tips of my fingers, and let him drift peacefully to sleep. Maybe someday.

Anyways, on topic: today is a little bittersweet. I'll really miss C.