not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My mom always complains about my lack of a boyfriend. Well, next time she asks, I'm going to tell her I'm dating two different guys: Mr. Duracell and Mr. Energizer. - Michelle Landry

So, again he makes me eat my words.

When we last left Mark, he had managed to piss me off by smothering me and calling when I was trying to put Princess to bed. At that point in my life, I still was trying to get my feet wet on the whole "dating" thing again. I was far too removed from the process to be "good" at it. I wasn't as good at establishing my boundaries with people. Now, with a fresh perspective on the process, I can honestly say ... I had a good time. Scratch that. A great time.

Even though he is a staunch Republican (am I just a magnet for them or what), he's a lot of fun. After the initial "I'm on my best behavior" crap, he finally loosened up. What won him a second date with me (OK, so TECHNICALLY it'll be a third): He wanted to talk about my daughter. He openly embraced her existence. A two-hour dinner, a nice kiss goodnight ... I'd say "thumbs up".

The only downside I could see to this would be it moving too quickly. For right now, I'm enjoying just going out and having a good time. Mark is a bit older than I, and I think he's looking for a Mrs. Mark. As previously discussed, I'm not into that. Eventually, I may consider it. But in the not-so-distant future ... nope.

Again, I'm going into this with an open mind. Give it a chance, at least a second date. We'll see.

Till tomorrow ...