not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, July 12, 2004

Holy Hotness, Batman!

OK ... here's the weekend scoop.

Friday - came home from work, ate saltine crackers and drank Coke for dinner (the preferred meal of bachelorettes, obviously), fell asleep on couch.

Saturday - Decided that it would be prudent to clean my house from top to bottom. Spent all day doing so.

Sunday - Went to a party in the afternoon, then out with a few friends. Ate sinful amounts of Red Robin fries. Went home, forgot that J was coming over, promptly fell asleep on couch. Woke up, startled, to His Royal Hotness knocking at my door at 10:30 (had dinner plans w/ his sister, and got done late). Is it POSSIBLE for this man to be any damned hotter?!? I think not, as he showed up wearing his glasses ... silver rounded-frame wire rims. And shorts, so you can see his very muscley legs. :)

I could talk to him for HOURS. Well, I did. Anyhow, at about 2:30 - I told him just to stay, there's no point in his driving home (40 mins south from me, easy) and then driving back in the AM (he works 5 mins north of me). I expected him to be like, "I can't do that ... blah blah blah." But he went out and grabbed his bag. Presumptuous of him? Maybe. Amusing? Definitely.

It all started out very very innocent. And I'm not one to "kiss and tell". But alas ... I'm VERY tired this AM. I really toyed with calling off. But may I say that my sleepy-ness was well deserved and WELL worth it. Saying that I'm smitten is an absolute understatement. I could still smell his cologne lingering in the air downstairs when I left this morning (he had to leave 5 mins before me). I just stood there and took it in for a brief moment, before I left for work. He's incredible. I'm a lucky, lucky, LUCKY woman, indeed.

Analysis of the situation, in "SportsCenter" format:
J is 100% hot.
I am 110% smitten.
J makes great arm candy.
I don't mind making him my arm candy.
Waking up next to him was weird. But in a really good way.
I am 100% TIRED.
And it was 200% worth it.