not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Second Verse, Same As The First.

Wasn't going to post the not-so-sordid details, but I will. I feel like I'm holding out on y'all when I do that sort of thing. So, enjoy.

Last night was GREAT.

We met @ Funny Bone at 6:45, there were five great comics last night. (Nice shirt ... Banana Republic, I found out later ... ) OK, so there were three great comics and two marginal ones. Anyhow, they were a riot. G is SO cute I just can't freaking stand it. Not hot, mind you, but cute. Side note, I requested photographs for The Others (and any other interested party) to peruse. I have one, but it doesn't do him justice. Because, you know, as "the plastics" say ... you wouldn't buy a skirt without asking your friends first ... what about a man? ha ha

Anyways, back to the date. We sat in the lounge outside the theatre and chatted until 7:35 ... oops, missed the start of the show. (I am sensing a trend here, we missed kickoff on Monday night, LOL) It was during the course of the conversation that somehow, my love of Jordan Knight came up. And G informs ME that he's playing @ Flannagan's. HE TOLD ME SOMETHING ABOUT JORDAN THAT I DIDN'T KNOW. Unprompted, unprovoked. Good form. Score one for pretty boy. tee hee

We walked in as the show was starting, and the first comic yelled at him "hey pretty boy, think you could be on time from now on?" I about DIED with laughter. I called him "pretty boy" for the rest of the night.

Show ended about 9:30 or 10 (didn't look at my watch). Back to his place to just hang out for a little while. His cat rocks, but not as much as Salem The Super Cat, of course. He saved this cat from the dumpster at a radio station he worked at in Charleston, and she's moved with him ever since. I laid down and sprawled out on the floor and was playing with her, and he looked at me all weird. I just looked at him and go "what?" and he goes "that cat HATES everyone. Especially women. HATES them." I looked him square in the eye and said, "I'm special."

Ended up falling asleep while talking, in the middle of the living room floor (me, him, and the cat that hates everyone curled up on my chest). Good thing I always have a change of clothes in the car ... it's the "mom" in me, I guess.

The best part? Nothing happened. He's a true gentleman. And a total sweetie. Dinner and Blockbuster, Friday night. Have to clean my house, Salem knocked the box of Cheerios off the top of the fridge, and batted them everywhere. Plus, I need to shove all my clean laundry in the closet.

I'll start the freak-out now ... I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR ...

Happy Hump-Day.