not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

One of the times I was there, I cried tears of joy as I walked down the aisle between the pews, on my father's arm. The most recent time I was at that place, I sat on the step, alone, and cried tears of sadness and grief. But on Sunday afternoon, it was a calm and orderly farewell, without tears ... just a fitting goodbye. I stood in the courtyard and just looked around. I walked up the few long steps, and stood in the doorway just one more time. I walked around, barefoot, in the green grass, and the empty parking lot, and just sighed. I touched the building and said my goodbye, then got in my truck and drove away without looking back. See, I needed the closure. And I finally got it, almost a year later. Thank you to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Akron for reminding me who I am, and where I've been. Now, it's time to get going with the rest of my life.

Today is Princess' second birthday. We had a lot of fun at Chuck E. Cheese. I even have photos of me crawling in what looks like human-sized hamster tubes with my little girl. A fun night was had by all.

On a whim this AM, I invited R to go with. He happily accepted, and we had a blast. It's really nice to have my friend back. I even got the chance to give him a fair ration of crap about the hickey on his neck. I forgot how blissfully fun it is to make that man tap-dance. I got the "wait, it's not what you think ..." and I just unleashed a good dose of sarcasm on him, much to the effect of, "Oh really. You don't say. Well, since I think that it looks like a woman was sucking on your neck and left her calling card, I'll just assume that I'm incorrect." I think he spit out more "umms" and "ahhhs" in a matter of five minutes ... oh it was amusing. I finally let him off the hook by looking him squarely in the eye and telling him that "a real woman doesn't leave a mark. Well, at least not where you can see it anyways ... [insert knowing grin here] Plus, what you do in your bedroom is no concern of mine, as what I do in my bedroom is of no concern to you. Or my living room. Or my shower." Christ that man can blush.

Time for bed. Had to stay up to watch "Bands Reunited: NKOTB" and a rerun of the premiere of "The Surreal Life 3" with Jordan Knight.

What's up with you folks this weekend? Friday night, I need to pick up Mombi's sweetie (he's working in CowTown this week), and she's going to meet up with us about 8 or so to pick him up from me. I'm sure dinner and a little drinky-drinky is in order. Then, I am planning to hook up with Beej on Saturday afternoon, and then spend a little "quality time" with TheBoy on Saturday night. Sunday, I'll cruise through MAV-Land for brunch, and then zoom on home.

I am safe at TheFirm, by the way. I'm presenting at a division-wide conference next week, and am initiating another project tomorrow. So, I'm OK for a while. But .... tomorrow is "D-Day" for Girlfriend's department. Can you all do a little dance, or say a little prayer, or make an appropriate sacrifice ... just to be sure that she's still gainfully employed tomorrow morning? Thanks.

PS ... thanks to AoB for inspiring today's title.

8:17 AM EDIT: Blogger is retarded (Oh My God Don't Say Retarded). This didn't publish last night for some reason, so I published it intact this morning.