not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, November 07, 2004

I don't want you be the guy in the PG13 movie everybody's really hoping makes it happen .... I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy your not sure whether or not you like yet.

Quote From "Swingers", one of Martini's favorite flicks. Click on the links to get the MP3 or the WAV.

Really, I have nothing of substance today. I'm tired, my kid is fighting a nap, dad went hunting, mom's been asleep since shortly after she woke up long enough to get up and eat some breakfast. I have to drag my happy ass to see my grandma today (they transferred her to another skilled nursing facility ... hey man, at least it's over by Robek's), clean my mom's house, finish her laundry, have dinner with my sister, and then drive 2.5 hrs. home to my house. Hopefully someone will have broken in and done all of my laundry, cleaned the kitchen, disinfected the bathrooms, and ran the sweeper while I was gone. Oh yeah ... and if I'm really lucky, the fish will still be alive. And the chances of all that happening are about the same as me hitting PowerBall.

So. How 'bout them Irish? Buh-bye, UT. What do you make of the Irish beating a top-ten team? Let's see the f-ing AP douchebags not give 'em their props NOW. Although I'm a bit troubled by this quote from Hoyte (from ESPN.com) ...

You don't just hit people to tackle them. You tackle them so they won't get back up. I say that respectfully.
OK, in the normal smack-talk context of the line ... yeah, that could honestly be said. But to be said by someone that just took out a quarterback for the remainder of the season, and possibly a career-ending injury (seperated shoulder) ... a bit insensitive, in my opinion. But knowing the several linemen that I've known in my life ... sensitivity isn't necessarily their strong point.

Buckeyes: Looks like they may garner an invite to a bowl game after all. Granted, it won't be something dandy like the Sugar Bowl ... but hey, at least they'll play somewhere on New Year's Day. Been joking that they'll merit an invite to the Tampax Tampons Mormon Bowl out in Salt Lake City, Utah. Oh Tressel ... what have you done to the 2002 National Champions? Better hope (for your sake, anyhow) that this "rebuilding" era is mercifully short. Because you better believe that the alumni will be screaming for your head on a platter when (notice I didn't say IF, but WHEN) Michigan hands you your asses. At least you get to suffer the indignity of a loss to the Big Blue Jackballs on your own home turf this year, kids. Getting pounded in The Big House has a special je ne sais quoi all it's own.

Have the placeholder site up at grey goose cosmo dot com. It'll have those three things on it, but I'm also taking suggestions for other things. Comment appropriately.

Also taking suggestions for The Inaugural Martini Awards. See, my blogiversary is on Thursday ... I'll have been blogging for a solid year! Wow! I'm already working on a "Year In Review" kind of post for you, but thinking of giving awards. Accepting category suggestions and nominations now. Already have one ... "Best Drunk Dial". So far the nominations include: TheBoy's Meow Mix Rendition and R's Tequila And Hot Sauce Night.