not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, November 01, 2004

A whole post worth of Ren-And-Stimpy-Like "Happy happy joy joy!"

Yes, today is officially November 1st. Oh, happy day! What does this mean to you, my dear readers? It means that I can officially put up my Christmas decorations, and most people won't think I'm completely insane. Just partially insane. Conventional wisdom states that you must wait until after Halloween to put up any sort of holiday decorations. And guess what. Today's the day! The day of days! Guess what Princess and I will be doing tonight? WHOO HOO!

Last year, for obvious reasons, I really wasn't in the mood for Christmas. I just kind of "went through the motions" and put on a happy face for everyone around me ... when in all reality, all I wanted to do was just crawl in my bed and hide. Or die. Whichever ... both options were quite appealing at the time. This was really sad, because I've always been VERY into holidays. I've always been one of those "go to Target, stand in line, and be the first one through the door at 5 AM on Black Friday" people. And last year, it took me until well after 6 AM to actually get there. This is unheard of for Martini! That's OK. I plan on going all Clark Griswold this year to make up for it. OK, not really, but I will actually put lights up and stuff this year. YAY!

Song addiction du jour: "Something Pretty" by Patrick Park. Didn't like it at first listen, but it's really grown on me, and the lyrics are GREAT, and his voice is great. If you can get past the slide guitar ... it's a great song.

Guess what. Go check it out ... there'll be lots of photos and music and stuff on there - eventually. I'll finally be able to share the music that I quote for those of you that don't have the same eclectic taste as I ... http://www.greygoosecosmo.com

And again I will say: F you, blogger. Again, I had to schlep myself out here to post this on the site instead of just e-mailing it. Grumble grumble.