not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, November 25, 2004

What A Fowl Day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I have a lot to be thankful for this year, but mostly that I've managed to make it through still alive.

Here's a photo of the Martini family turkey*. I made it myself.



I woke up this morning at 6:30 to get the bird in. As I was standing there (with my hand up the turkey's ass) rockin' out to a little Alicia Keys and Usher, I looked out back up to the lower forty (OK, not really ... my folks only have about 1.5 acres). And my heart just sank into my stomach. I almost threw up a little.

THERE. WAS. SNOW.

Look. My truck is covered in the white crap.


And the neighbors' woods? Covered.


Ahhh yes, late November in Northeast Ohio.


* OK, so that's not really our bird. But only because I didn't think about doing that. I really googled for a turkey photo, found that gem, and lifted it (but saved it to my own webspace) from a dandy blog that you should click here to read.