not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, November 05, 2004

*twitch*

Sometimes I wonder if I have latent Adult A.D.D. I can't function unless I have about twenty irons in the fire, and three of them are melting. My life is in a constant and revolving state of organized chaos, and I like it that way. Work, volunteering, Princess, preparing to post out of this job and into an AVP slot, getting the website up and running, DG stuff, friends, working on a new project, family ... etc. etc. I maintain that sleep is for the weak - I get, on average, about 4-5 hours a night now ... quality negotiable.

This morning, I'm really busting tail on digging through this study guide. But I can't concentrate. I'm not stressed with work, I've pretty much cleared my workload here so that I can use the time to listen to lots of music and just cram. But I just can't concentrate. I can't explain it, but I keep pulling myself out of "the zone" to do other things ... like balance my checkbook (umm, shouldn't have bothered, that just pissed me off), change CD's, walk around, get a new pen (in my defense, that one ran out), email The Others and The Usual Suspects and D, etc.

LawnBoy was kind enough to share this gem with me: "Be still... Concentration is the result of relaxation, not effort." It was a good swift kick in the ass ... for a few minutes.

A Friday haiku, for your reading pleasure:

ouch, too much info
brain, consistency of mush
need more vodka, please


Anyone have some Ritalin to spare? I really need to buckle down and study. Wonder if Red Bull would do the trick ...