not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, November 06, 2004

Ralph 'Ralphie' Parker: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!
Mrs. Parker: No, you'll shoot your eye out.

Took Mom to the hospital today for her pre-op testing. She's having surgery on her eye on Wednesday (attorney appointment got pushed back), and she had to go have her medical workup and blood drawn, and etc. That was fun as hell, as we ALL know how I love doctors and hospitals. I keep singing "you'll shoot your eye out" to her, and it makes her laugh.

Anyhow, mom had an insulin reaction while she was there (she's the opposite of I ... I'm hypoglycemic, she's a seriously insulin-dependent diabetic). This sent her into a tailspin of whining and crying, because she feels like she's totally losing what little bit of independence she had left. So I, against my better judgment, let myself be talked into taking her to Toys R Us with Princess to do some shopping. She about crashed while we were in there, and I had to hastily pay for the goods and then attempt to get her in the car without another minor (ok, major) meltdown. Mom's napping right now, like Princess should be. But she's currently climbing on me and whining how she wants candy. Um, yeah. That one falls into the "when hell freezes over" category.

Two Pieces Of Saturday Linky Goodness:

http://ocfan.blogspot.com/ - Spoilers, clues, photos, etc. Side note: when did Seth Cohen get HOT?!? Does it make me a dirty girl to want to just tell him "shhh, honey ... don't pout ... let momma make it allll better ..."

http://www.saynotogrampajoe.com/ - A funny website that exposes the true villian of "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory" ... and it's NOT Slugworth! Check out the "Links" section of the site for even more hysteria!