not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, November 15, 2004

My Liver! My Liver!
Lower, You Dumb-ass!
::: grabs testicles :::
My Liver! My Liver!

For those that don't grasp high-brow comedy (or the fact that I really don't have testicles) ... that quote is from Beavis And Butt-Head.


My tummy hurts, my brain hurts ... I just am a whiny girl today.
Today's Girlfriend's birthday. I won't say how old she is, but shall we just say that today she's earned a big ol' neon-orange "Advanced Maternal Age" sticker on her OB/GYN chart? I took her to lunch today, and I asked her where she wanted to go. She said "First Watch". So, off we went. My Caps, Etc. are sitting like sludge in my already upset tummy. I'm thinking it's a ramen soup kind of dinner tonight. More broth than noodles, thankyouverymuch.

I'm mentally fried. I'm totally ready for The Test on Thursday, I think. I'm overwhelmed with how much information I have swimming about in my head, and the pressure I have put on myself to pass this exam is so great. I know that I will be stuck in this position until I pass it, because I need that "boost" on my resume to step seamlessly into an AVP job. New job = more money ... and that would be a great thing as well. I have so many things I want to do, so many places I want to go (cough St. Louis cough New York City cough) ... but for right now, operating capital isn't what we like to call "cooperative". At the end of the day though, pass or fail, I still have a great job that enables me to put a nice roof over my family's head, food on the table, and gas in my car. I'd just like to not have to worry as much about spending money and budgeting down to the very last dime. But I'll still have to balance my checkbook every day ... but only because I'm OCD like that. Why can't I just win Mega Millions already, and Girlfriend and I can open up our scrapbooking store and be done with this whole pesky work thing?

Speaking of that pesky work thing. As I had a four-day weekend, people here at TheFirm took that liberty to just ignore my directives. I got here this morning to a clean and empty desk. Why is that so bad? Well, because I had directed a major deliverable for Friday, and NO ONE MET IT. I am sick and tired of babysitting these people, and then getting left to work extra hours to run behind them with a pooper-scooper to hide their ineptitude. I deal with cleaning up after a child at home, and I'm cool with that. I mean, I did give birth to her and all. But these people (of which the majority are higher ranking and better paid than I) do not get such a "pass".

Christmas Music! It's on some of the radio stations here in Cow-Town! I'm currently spinning my beloved Music From The OC: Mix 3 - Chrismukkah. I pulled out my decorations last night, and I'm going to get the tree set up tonight. It's one of those trees that you have to put up, then let it settle and fix the branches ... let it settle, then fix the branches ... last year it took like FOUR ROUNDS of this to look nice. That's OK, I have time.

Off to beat information out of people some more.