not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, November 10, 2004

He is a cow! It's Mooby Cow!
Oh sweet Bovine, our lives to you we vow!
We want him now! That Mooby Cow!
'Cause we're all soldiers in the Mooby Troops, Ka-Pow!

In case you even had to ask: Title song is "The Mooby Song" from the movie "Dogma".


Yesterday was D's daughter's 5th birthday. Yes, you read that right, you people that know my "rules". Anyhow, as he has primary custody (and his ex is a tool that couldn't see fit to be bothered with her daughter on her birthday ... but I digress ...), the birthday festivities were kinda up to him. I somehow was special enough to rate an invite, and asked the stupid question: Where Do You Want To Go For Your Birthday, Sweetie? And of course, what do normal five-year-olds say? McDonald's.

So, we zipped over to the McD's over at Easton (the one with the big play area) and just let her run crazy. D says she still has a birthday hangover. I usually have that issue too, but mine is generally relegated to the residual effects of vodka and beer ... instead of pseudo-meat hamburgers and fried carbohydrates dipped in tomato paste.

This is going to be a fun weekend. Tomorrow is an important day for several reasons:

1.) Veteran's Day. Take a moment and thank someone that you know that served in our Armed Forces. You don't have to agree with the war, but these people give their lives so that people like you and I can be safe and warm in our happy-ass suburban homes.

2.) It's My Blogiversary. I've already written a "year in review" post. It's kinda scary to see what I've done and where I've been in a year. Look for it tomorrow!

4.) Bank Holiday. As is tradition, I go scrapbooking with other folks with TheFirm on any bank holiday. A whole day of girly fun!

5.) Kickoff Of A Four-Day Weekend. Four blissful days away from TheFirm. Have scrapbooking on Thursday, Princess on Thursday night (OC is on, too!). Friday, studying all day, then D at night. Saturday (whenever I get out of bed), off to Crackron to see mom Saturday night, then to a friend's wedding shower on Sunday. Back to the grind on Monday, though. Blech.

Oh, and just in case you thought I'd forget about this: How 'bout them Suck-eyes? What do you make of Clarett coming forward to ESPN about the "alleged" (wink wink) improprieties with Ohio State's football program? Around here, people are villifying Maurice, saying he's a liar (well, duh) and that the only reason he did that was to up his chances of placement in the NFL Draft. I don't think breaking "ranks" like that is going to help him any, kids. I do, however, think there is some shred of truth to what he's alleging.

Come on now, you really think that Division I schools don't throw money, cars, and women at their athletes? Get your head out of the sand. It happens. The trick is: DON'T GET CAUGHT. I know it sounds cliche, but I'm really disappointed in Tressel. I thought he was more of a man than this. Virtue be damned ... I thought he was SMARTER than this. And as for Geiger ... he's about to find a foot square in his ass. First, the Cooper drama. Then, O'Brien and last year's basketball drama. Now this? OSU's getting a real rep for running a dirty program, they'd better be really careful!

All the more reason to go to Notre Dame to play ball, in my opinion.

More later, I'm sure. Spending all day reconciling spreadsheets ... so much for that whole "only working ten hours this week" idea. Hey, at least there's some Bar Louie in my immediate future.