not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Can I Get A ...

Spinning today, courtesy of LawnBoy is a nice smattering of Jay-Z. Yes, it's true ... Sista Martini loves her a little gangsta rap from time to time. OK, a lot of gangsta rap, a lot of the time. It sounds much better in my truckster (have I mentioned lately how much I miss my beloved Bose stereo, since I've been driving my mom's car all over town?) than in this God-forsaken Dell.

Anyhow, it's very much a "Can I Get A Fuck You" kind of day. Many good things have been transpiring today ... and I'm sure there's more to come. Let's break it down.

My POS Motorola keeps dropping calls ... I called Verizon's customer service today and made them run an analysis on my percentage of dropped calls and it's pushing 8%. They asked what would make me happy, and I told them that a brand new camera phone for the promotional price would please me. And they said ... done. Hmph. Here I was looking forward to keepin my pimp hand strong, and they denied me the opportunity to beat my bitches down. That's OK though, I'm a lova not a fighta. On Monday, Verizon Wireless will be delivering my brand spank-me new camera phone. Specifically, an LG VX6100 with flash and 4x optical zoom. Yes kiddies, I realize the potential for the many uses of said camera phone. This will be blog fodder for months on end. Stay tuned.

BCS News: This may be old news to some of y'all, but I totally missed the fact that the BCS would happen next year with one "championship" game at the end. GOOD. Although I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a move to a standard "playoff" structure, I fear that (as my co-worker Jason said earlier) this is only a meager way of throwin' the fans a bone. I mean, I've never made a secret of the fact that I HATE the current BCS structure. It's dumb. If they had a playoff structure it would afford the smaller colleges (that are all but excluded in the current structure) a chance to run at the title if their records and teams held up well enough.

ABC, in their infinite wisdom, fucked up the Miss America pageant this year, and they were holding back the BCS and getting ready to send it down the same road. Thankfully, the BCS folks are a bit more intelligent than the Miss America folks, because they got out to Fox while the gettin' was good. ABC has, after all, done such a stellar job with all of their other programming in recent history (save "Desperate Housewives", of course).

This weekend starts the holiday season ... Thanksgiving with my family is always a treat, because I cook. Moms can cook, but I don't get the chance to do that too much anymore. So when I do get to cook, I go WILD. Turkey Day generally consists of my getting up at 7 and getting the bird in, and then watching the Macy's parade, eating, sleeping, watching football, eating, sleeping, etc. etc. ad infinitum. D's daughter is half Jewish (her mother is Orthodox), and he tries to celebrate the holidays in a small capacity to keep her remembering her heritage. So, this will be my first experience with Chanukah. And then ... CHRISTMAS. R has Princess for Christmas, so D, his daughter, and I are headed to NYC to meet the grandparents. There will be a fair share of both city time with just the two of us, as well as doing the "family thing". New Years ... the plans are currently in the works to celebrate in Cinci with MAV and crew.

Damn, all that made me tired. Off to go look like I'm working some more.

Holla.