not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, October 12, 2004

you can tell the day by the bottle that you drink
sometimes when you're alone, all you do is think

I am pretty much non-functional today. I am really distracted, for some reason. I'm attributing this to the very interesting dream I had last night ... not bizarro like Mombi's was, but "interesting" like my last dream that involved Miss Lohan. It was one of those "is this real - pinch me ... " kind of dreams. I won't spill too much, but shall we just say that it involved TheBoy? I'm pretty sure he made an appearance in my subconscious because he called last evening. That, and maybe because
today's a month since we've been together. Yes, I'm twitching. Anyhow, he's still around, in email form and the occasional phone call. That's all.

I am free again tonight, which is OK I guess. I've been the social butterfly (and the kissing bandit) for the past two weeks, and I really need to catch up on my laundry and other such mundane things. As far as the weekend goes, I have plans on Friday for lunch with G, then dinner plans for Friday night with Mark, but no plans yet for Saturday. Saturday is an odd anniversary of sorts, as it will be a full calendar year since I moved out from R's house. I'm toying with the idea of going to Clayland to support Miata, but I don't think I want to make the two-hour drive alone. Maybe I can convince Girlfriend to go with me, as I won't take any of my boy-toys to a Miss Ohio function until I'm ready to answer all applicable questions. Which has yet to happen with any of them ...

My ankle is jacked up again. I have what my sports medicine doctors call "hyperextended ligaments, a chronic sprain, and a damaged Achilles tendon". I'm supposed to brace my ankle when I run, and I didn't. Owie. It's a bit swollen, but it's not too bad. I am avoiding going to the doctor's, as he'll just chastise me for not wearing my brace. I need a new one ... wonder if I can just buy one without a script? I wear a Malleoloc one, and don't want to pay $100 for a new one right now.

It's only 2:10. I don't know if I can make it till 5 PM. I'm really just tired of being here today. Blah to having to work for a living.

Speaking of which: LawnBoy got to read some of my work today (we're both bored as usual), and he's pushing me really hard to submit it to Playboy or Maxim or something. I don't know if I could actually let anyone else read some of my stuff. I mean, the two he read today were written explicitly for one person's enjoyment, and no one else has ever read them until now. I'll have to think about that. I've always liked writing, it's been my outlet for years ... but actually letting someone read some of my most explicit stuff? That thought gives me pause. Then again ... I let you guys read my brain dump every day. Hmmm. Maybe I will.