not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Volunteerism, Hotties, and Other Political Musings.

I'm excited! I will be working with MoveOn.org as a team leader here in Cow-Town. I have maintained since day one that I'm not a fan of Bush at all. I am not totally thrilled with the alternative (Kerry), but anything's better than Bush. Therefore, I think that MoveOn.org is a great way to exercise my true opinion. We need new leadership ... time to "move on".

Vice-Presidential debate is on right now. I am not really listening to it, but instead just watching when Edwards flashes on the screen. Drama Queen has promised to mail my "I *heart* John Edwards" t-shirt tomorrow, I can't WAIT to get it. HEYYYY wait a minute ... did Murphy send her veep there to the debate? It's in Cleveburg, after all ... I could have made the trip up there after work. Oh no, please tell me I wasn't passed over ...

Speaking of hotties and politics ... funny story of the day. G, in passing, mentioned that he had discussed me with his one of his closest confidantes. I jokingly pressed him to tell me what was said, as of course I'm naturally curious. He just laughed and said "I told him you were hot, funny, and a great girl. But that you had one fatal flaw ... you're a liberal. You're lucky that I kissed you BEFORE you told me that, now there's no going back for me." I about fell out of my chair. Number one ... oh, he is SMOOTH. Number two: he actually said "FATAL FLAW". That's MY line. And of course, there is no number three.

See, everyone has a fatal flaw, a quirk in their personality or being that will single-handedly undermine a relationship. With some people, it's obvious. You know, they are an axe-murderer, or a Republican, or something. But with others, it's not as obvious ... or it's a quirk that the other person just can't deal with ... like they will only drink Coke and the other likes Pepsi, or one's a carnivore and the other vegetarian. I'm notorious for analyzing a guy until I find The Fatal Flaw, and then giving them the boot for that reason.

BoobieThon Update: $5,438.30 will go to the Komen foundation, as of today. But ... there's still time left to donate ... until 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, 10/10/04. Keep giving! It's a worthy cause, and you'll be rewarded richly with many photos of four-star racks. I'm anxiously awaiting my t-shirt from Drama Queen ... planning on putting it to good use. For the cause, you know.

OH AND P.S.: God Speed, Rodney Dangerfield.