not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, October 18, 2004

Thank God We At Least Have "The Best Damned Band In The Land"!

So, Ohio State fell completely out of the rankings. This should not shock me, but it does. I mean, realistically, they should have gotten the boot last week. This is OSU's worst showing since the Tressel era began. On the upside ... the Irish finally get a bit of respect at 24th on the AP poll.

The first BCS rankings are out this week. I'll just get this out of my system now ... I think the BCS rankings are a bunch of bullshit. They rarely allow the best team to stand alone up top of the rankings. As much of a "hometown girl" as I am, I still think that OSU winning the title in '02 was a crock of crap. Their strength of schedule was NOWHERE NEAR what other schools were. But they landed on top. Why? Anyhow, my opinion is that they should go to a "playoff" structure like NFL, and you'll get a ton more excitement. But hey, who am I ...

Forgot this little funny ... you know you're in Columbus when you go to Mass, and during the homily ... the priest lets fly with a speech about "forgiveness and being tolerant of others ... even of those that are oh-and-three in the Big Ten ..."