not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, October 10, 2004

so to you, all the kids all across the land
there's no need to argue, parents just don't understand

I am so glad I'm home. The peace is so welcome. You have no idea.

I spent the day being regaled with the same questions, over and over again, from my mom. See, her short term memory is shot all to hell now, and she doesn't remember asking the same question twenty fucking times. And this is precisely why I keep her out of my private life, because I really don't feel like rehashing the same thing over and over and over again.

A snippet of a conversation had in Kohl's today, for your reading pleasure ... it replayed in similar fashion at Pat Catan's, at Robek's, and in the car on the way back home.

Mom: What's going on with TheBoy? Haven't heard you talk much about him lately.

Me: Nothing mom. Really.

Mom: Nothing? Don't lie to me. I'm your mother. You haven't been to see him lately. Why?

Me: [insert heavy sigh and eyeroll here] Because, mom. I just haven't. Can we please just not talk about this right now?

Mom: OK fine then. Who's the new guy. Tell me about him. What's he do, where's he from, what about his family ... blah blah blah ::: insert patented Murphy half listening thing here ::: .

Me: If I tell you, will you stop asking?

Mom: No, but tell me anyways.

Me: He's an axe murderer mom. He's a big mean blonde axe murderer with a G.E.D. He comes from a long line of axe murderers.

Mom: A simple "I'm not telling you" would have sufficed.