not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sicky-Fuss.

Apparently, my tired state isn't because I have been up late worshipping at the foot of the Yankees throne all week.

I'm sick.

My sinuses are swollen, and are about to cause my face to explode, I'm all snotty (TMI), I'm achy, and I am completely exhausted. Even a hefty dose of Red Bull ain't cuttin through it. I'm bailing out of work and going home to sleep this off, because if I don't, I won't be able to come in tomorrow. I have a few meetings scheduled (and a project to tie up) tomorrow afternoon, and I don't have time to be sick tomorrow. I'm also due for my annual bout with walking pneumonia, and if I sleep this off tonight, I can stave off the attack for another month or so (I generally manage to be sick for Thanksgiving or Christmas every year). Heading over to Robek's for a smoothie with a vitamin boost, then to bed. ALONE. Contrary to popular belief, snotty noses are not an aphrodesiac.

Thankfully, I'm headed to mom and dad's for the weekend ... they will be able to lend me a hand with Princess. And I can sleep this off with kleenex stuffed up my nose.

If my multitude of drugs that end in "QUIL" don't knock me out, I'll be back later. But I hope they do.