not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, October 20, 2004

No more yankie my wankie.
The Donger need food.


Today has been a whirlwind so far.

Princess decided to have herself a little party at about 2 AM. She kept
saying "YOOO HOOO, MOMMY! Come here please?" When this failed, she let
fly with "un ... two ... fee stike ... YOU OUT!" When THAT failed, she
resorted to singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to herself until she
passed out again. This went on until well after three. As I am already
exhausted from the marathon that is the ALCS, this sort of sleep disruption
was NOT welcome. Add in: I didn't eat dinner last night.

Then, after fighting a very whiny Princess this morning, I got here to
work. I immediately got pulled into an emergency meeting, straight into a
10:45 AM meeting. I didn't get breakfast. I'm just now indulging in some
nacho cheese pretzel Combos and a Coca-Cola. I need something substantial
to eat soon, or I'm going to cut someone. I need to take some ibuprofen,
to stave off some of this ankle swelling. My foot looks like a big swollen
whale foot. This must stop.

Oh yeah. How could I forget ... the holiday party (yes, the one I was
soliciting a date for) has been CANCELLED. Fuckers. I realize, that in
today's society, a sense of entitlement from your employees is not the
climate of the workplace. But still, they have consistently dismantled the
culture of my heritage organization and are molding it into the culture of
the other bank's. Which, in my book, will be dandy if they bring my salary
in line with my Bank One counterpart. This is all contingent upon the
knowledge that my year in this position is over on December 1st, and I will
be posting for AVP positions post haste. I really want to get into
continuity and recovery, as it's a very stable and dynamic organization
within TheFirm. I'm working on getting my knowledge and skillset in line
with this (translated: "networking appropriately"). I have a basic grasp
of the processes (as I've been doing it as part of my job for a while now),
but I really want to get into the nitty-gritty of it. Getting my CCSA will
help a lot too.

I'm Princess-less tonight and tomorrow night. Tonight, meeting D for sushi
after work. Yankees/Sox at 8. What is with this game seven shit, anyhow?
Tomorrow, no plans as of yet. This is, of course, subject to change at any
time.

PS ... Mombi started her new job today! She now works with Lex at a
country club. She now plans weddings for a living. At the same place as
Lex. This means that two of The Others now work at the same place. How
jealous am I?!?