not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Maybe I'm A Girl
And Maybe I'm A Lonely Girl
Who's In The Middle Of Something
That She Doesn't Really Understand

Today was the end of a pretty long wait for me. Music From The OC, Mix 2 dropped today! Of course, I zipped on over to Best Buy and scooped it up right after work, and spun the whole disc. Here's my thoughts:

All in all, a nice CD. Compared to the first one, it's "OK". The disc is a bit more dramatic and melancholy than the first, but was saved by three notable songs: "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Jem (the title song today), "If You Leave" by Nada Surf, and "A Lack Of Color" by Death Cab For Cutie. The rest of the songs are OK, but not nearly as compelling as the songs on the first CD. I'd say ... I give it a B. Not a B+, but just a B. Worth the $15, of course.