not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, October 17, 2004

I Think I'm In Love.
New Blog Obsession, The O.C., Drunk Dials, etc.

Gee, thanks Steve. I'm now obsessed with yet another blog. That Ashley Girl is a fun read ... an insight into a college gal's life that is remarkably similar to the Martini of old. Although it generally goes no further than some hot text, I'd still avoid reading Ashley at work.

For all you fans ... The O.C. starts on November 4th. Mix 2 drops on October 26th. It will include "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Jem (the song from the wedding), and even Nada Surf's KICK ASS remake of "If You Leave". Generally, I would have mocked someone for even attempting to remake something s'wonderful from OMD, but they did a bang-up job.

So, I received a great drunk dial this afternoon. From Mark, of all people. I assume he had sufficiently drowned his sorrows that the Bungles lost to the Browns. He went to the game this afternoon. He called just to grovel for being such a dick by cancelling on me. I agreed wholeheartedly that he was a dick and I told him so. I also informed him that I've given men the boot for much less, and he of all people should know that as it's happened to him before for a far less offensive infraction. He was plowed, and kept slurring about how he was such a fucking asshole and how I was "soooo pretty" and all that shit that men say with they are in trouble. And / or trying to get into your pants.

Anyhow, it was amusing to say the least. Generally, I don't approve of people grovelling, but this one was pretty f-ing funny. I let him go on like that for at least a half-hour, then told him to forget about it, not a big deal, and that he should sober up and call me back to make plans for later in the week ... that I might even say "yes" if he asked me to dinner.

And so begins another week in Martini's life ...

10:26 PM EDIT: During the course of an IM with D ... this gem came flying forth ... "I'm good in bed, I just can't spell." Priceless. Freaking priceless.