not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, October 03, 2004

Guess what.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is ... MORE COWBELL!

And now, a random smattering of ... randomness. Side note: There's no reason for the title, other than Christopher Walken is one funny son of a gun.

Today was fun. I didn't bother to rise it out of bed until nearly 9 AM, because I was up late watching the Buckeyes get their asses handed to them by Northwestern. And after watching my Irish get schooled by Purdue, I was having a pretty rough night. I polished off the bottle of wine that G and I started the night before (we had a glass apiece with dinner but got ... umm ... "pleasantly sidetracked" ... so much for that movie, eh?)

After stumbling downstairs and getting some Cap'n Crunch, I managed to trip back up the steps and get dressed. Executive decision: white socks and New Balances, or trouser socks and loafers? I went trouser/loafer. Wouldn't want to get smited. Smitten. Whatever it is that God does to you when you wear inappropriate attire to Mass.

Anyways, regarding Mass: I got shocked into a bizarre reality. In case you forgot, up till last weekend it had been nine years since I went to Mass. I actually made it to St. Elizabeth's for 11 AM Mass today, and was VERY pleasantly surprised. It hit me today that I left the faith not because I wholly disagreed with its doctrine, but instead I disagreed with the way that my parish made me feel about it. As said in Dogma: "YOU CATHOLICS. You don't celebrate your faith, you MOURN it." St. E's is very relaxed, they don't even have kneel-bars. It shocked me, as I walked into the main sanctuary and there were people standing around talking before Mass. That NEVER happened at my original Parish. People just filed in and sat there like Catholic zombies. They sat there as the Priest read the Missal, word-for-word, gave a horribly dry homily, threw eucharist at you, and then quickly filed out when the Mass was over. People at St. E's actually TALK to each other. I had three people come up to me and tell me that they'd never seen me there before, and welcome, and asked if I was planning on coming to the spaghetti dinner next weekend. It felt really nice. I will definitely go back.

After that, I cruised to Wal-Mart. Needed to get the oil changed in mom's car (still have it, as it rocks the house in gasoline). Two hour wait? OK. At least they have a great waiting room. I picked up this little digital camera, so that I could have a camera in my Kate Spade for Thursday night. Why Thursday, you ask? Because I have tix to the premiere of "Friday Night Lights". The NBC4 premiere of the movie. And I have it good authority - VERY good authority - that my fave sports cutie will make an appearance there as well. I am on a mission to get a photo op. And maybe if you're lucky ... just maybe even a photo of G and I together will surface. He'll be my arm candy for the evening, since TheBoy has decided that he couldn't take me up on the offer.

Although, this camera sucks ass. It doesn't have a flash, so I don't know if it will take photos inside the Arena Grand. And really, that's why I even want a smaller digi THIS WEEK to begin with. Damn it all.

Other updates on the love life: Surprisingly, I must be giving off this subliminal vibe of "hey, ask me out". I was watching the Bengals / Steelers game whilst waiting for the car, and Mark crossed my mind (he's a super big Bengals fan ... poor guy ...). Had a voice mail on my cell when I turned it back on ... Mark. Hey there, how are you, hope you have been doing well, thought of you today, give me a call, I'd love to take you to dinner one night this week if you're free. (For those of you that don't remember, Mark and I parted ways because he couldn't remember not to call my house during the time I put Princess to bed. Nice guy, and a great date, but I branded him as disrespectful for this reason. Well, in light of other folks I've dated since him, I guess I could do worse. I can train him not to call between 8 and 9, that shouldn't be too difficult.)

This means: I do not have a free night until NEXT MONDAY at this point. Yee ha.

Off to find some semblance of dinner. I haven't eaten yet, and the pretzels I had at Wally-World have long since worn off. Good night!

OH ONE MORE THING: Forgot to mention ... when did Jerry O'Connell get even freaking hotter? Is it wrong to want to lick that man??? OK, I'm done now.

10:48 PM EDIT (yeah, so I lied, I wasn't done): R just called, he and Princess are home safe from Houston. The amusing part is that I answered my cell and he said "Oh, I'm so glad you answered." This is not the normal reaction from him, but whatever. I just chuckled and asked why the warm reception? And he goes "I just got a call that I didn't get to answer from the Marion County Correctional Institution, I didn't know if you went to see TheBoy this weekend, and I thought you'd managed to get yourself arrested."

I just laughed and said that I had not seen TheBoy since early September, thank you for the concern and the offer to bail me out. He then pried into my personal life, but I managed to laugh it off and asked him what he would have done if I didn't answer ... he then laughed and said "I guess I'd have had to either ate my pride and called your mother, or just let you rot in jail."

I guess both things would be equally as damning.