not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, October 07, 2004

Friday Night Lights.

I saw a FABULOUS movie tonight. If you are even a small bit of a football fan, I order you to go and see "Friday Night Lights" at your earliest convenience. They interspersed real footage into the film, and even filmed parts of the movie in the Astrodome and at the field in Odessa. A pleasant surprise was Tim McGraw, of all people. Great movie, great acting, just ... great.

G is not feeling well, he has a terrible head-cold. Poor baby was all sniffly, and just felt awful. I told him that he didn't have to come out (as he's flying out tomorrow morning to go "home" for a friend's wedding this weekend). But he did. Awww.

He was running late, as he had to stop and pick up his tux before picking me up (oh my ... the thought of him in a tux ... and out of a tux ... I'm drooling ...). So, sadly, I didn't get to press the flesh with Valpredo The Sports Hottie. That's OK, I had plenty of arm candy of my own. We got there as the movie was getting ready to start, and we managed to snag two seats in the back corner of the theatre. Don't get any ideas, we behaved. Really. OK, kinda. He's sick, not dead, people.

Anyways, we took the long way home through the city, he knows I love the downtown all lit up. We drove for nearly an hour with the windows and roof open, stars sparkling. The night air was crisp but still warm enough to feel incredble as we twisted and turned through the Brewery and Arena Districts. I just sat back, tipped my head back, and let the sounds of the stereo, and the smells of the city's bakery and the leather seats of the car just envelop me. Since the car is still new (as in ... just got the temporary tags off of it last Tuesday), the incredible smell of the new leather is still wonderful. For once in a very long time, I was relaxed and happy. He asked me what was on my mind, and I just mumbled something about loving to be in the city at night. He just reached over, brushed my hair out of my face, and said "wow". Whatever that was all about ... it caused him to damn near wreck the car. Oops.

Got home, was the kissing bandit for about a half-hour or so, and then sent the sickie on home alone. He has to catch a flight at 10 AM, and he had a bed calling his name. And for him to be functional at the rehearsal and dinner tomorrow afternoon, I didn't need to be in it. Remember, of course, that there is a huge difference between "need" and "want".

Off to the parents' house this weekend. I am BEAT, so I'm headed to bed. Good night all!