not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Closing The Deal.

As the only one of my boy-toys that admits that he reads here has been reduced to FWB* status (his choice, not mine), consider this entry to be the return to the palace of raunch. Actually, this stems from conversations had yesterday with said FWB (TheBoy, for those of you that are following my exploits), as well as LawnBoy.

I'm losing my touch. I think that my mojo has been stolen by Dr. Evil. This may come as a huge shock to all of you, but I have recently experienced a problem with closing the deal. Not setting the deal up, mind you. That isn't a problem that I seem to have anymore, with one exception. It's actually making the close that's killing me.

Let me explain better. "Closing the deal" is a phrase coined by one of my college buddies that refers to the super-human ability to end up in bed with someone. It's taking it past the point of no return. You know, the point that you can totally sense that things are going to go "all the way", but neither one of you actually are brave (or drunk) enough to take it to that level. Someone takes the initiative, and MAKES it happen. It's never a hard sell, but still it takes someone mildly assertive to push it over the edge.

IMPORTANT: I'm not advocating putting "pressure" on anyone, or making someone do what they don't want to do. I'm also not talking about picking up a random stranger in the bar and taking them home for a night of drunken "name not required" sex. What I'm talking about is a "Disclosure" sort of experience. You both know each other well, you both want it to happen, you've planned the situation carefully, you intended on it happening, it's almost happening ... but then there is something holding you back. And it's supremely frustrating.

So, how does one fine female go from a little kissing-bandit-type behavior to "closing the deal"? Usually, it involves me, the woman, making the first move. In today's litigious society, I think many times men are afraid to assert themselves with a woman without a signed and notarized permission slip. Most women are terribly afraid to assert themselves, for fear of being branded a bitch or a whore (which even your fair Martini fears from time to time). This lends itself to what can sometimes be an insurmountable impasse.

At this point, I'll open my comments and in-box to comments and suggestions. I know you people read here, I see the counter going higher and higher. You can comment anonymously, I've enabled that function. Come on y'all. I need a little help here.



* FWB = Friend With Benefits.