not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Well, Swap My Salad!

Have a DG Alumnae board meeting tomorrow night. They are insistent upon having "theme" nights now. Tomorrow's is a "Salad Swap". I'm making my trademark Spinach and Strawberry Salad, complete with sugared almonds and homemade dressing. This means I have to schlep my happy ass to the store tonight to buy provisions, as I don't think I have Worchestershire Sauce in the house. I also have my mom's car (the truckster is getting brakes redone, and my dad needed its towing capabilities to move some stuff around the softball field), and it needs an oil change. Where can one get an oil change AND cooking supplies? Why, the "Super Wal-Mart", of course! (You realize this whole concept disturbs me, right?)

Also on the agenda tonight: I'm goin all Mombi on this shit. I have tons of stuff that needs a little Ebay. I keep saying I'm going to do it, and I never get to it. Tonight's the night!

(DISCLAIMER: You realize that this means that I'm going to go home and pass out on the couch, right?)

9:10 PM EDIT: Sugared almonds have been made. YUM. I even made an extra batch for Friday. Provided, of course, that I don't eat them all myself. Friday's menu ... either grilled salmon and asparagus spears, or grilled chicken and asparagus spears ... Spinach And Strawberry Salad (I'll post the recipe tomorrow for ya) ... Covey Run Riesling (maybe K-J Vintner's Reserve, we'll see what they serve at tomorrow night's meeting, both have been known to make appearances there before). I *can* cook, I just generally choose not to. See ya tomorrow, I need to run the vacuum and then get some sleep. I'm exhausted.