not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, September 15, 2004

sitting here wasted and wounded at this old piano
trying hard to capture the moment this morning i don't know

Have had a lot on my mind for the past few days. Lot of pressure at work, as well as other things. And tonight, this is going to be a "Standing Naked" kind of rambling post. I think that maybe I'm the only one that can understand it.

I spent a while talking some of my thoughts over with the one person that knows me better than anyone else ... R. I know it seems strange to most people to discuss your emotional issues and your love life with your ex-spouse. But it just kinda ... happened.

Princess and I cruised over there to check out her new bedroom (she got a big-girl bed at his house for her 2nd birthday). He noticed something wasn't "quite right" with me, and I tried to blow it off. He then said something to the effect of 'I know you're not being honest with me." So, I asked him, "I'll tell you if you really want to know." And he asked for it. So I told him everything. And I do mean ... everything. I babbled on for a good twenty minutes to a half-hour, talking in circles all the while (as I'm apt to do), and ended up with a full-on sobbing fit.

I don't know exactly what he thought of it (as I've yet to cop to dating anyone since we split), but the advice he gave me was great. Basically, he gave me the good swift kick in my ass that I needed. And he also said ... "Wow. My shoulder's wet. Must be snot, because you DON'T cry." This at least made me smile, because we both knew that I was sobbing because work and personal issues had just pushed me over the edge of frustration. Our conversation will stay guarded with me for now, but suffice it to say ... damn it, I hate it when he's right. On all accounts.

I'm looking *very* forward to my little trip this weekend. I think that spending a weekend with the girls is exactly what I need to regroup and recharge ...