not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, September 09, 2004

She Gives Good Boardroom.

Lately, I've been finding myself in meetings with many of TheFirm's "power players". Today, I managed to land smack-dab in the middle a meeting of the team that will steer the integration of the reporting structures of the two heritage companies. I was a bit confounded that I had made "The A List" to be invited to that meeting, but once I got there I understood the reasoning clearly.

I know my shit.

It's rare that I actually "toot my own horn" when it comes to work. I know I'm young (27 and a Senior Analyst), and I have a lot to learn. But I get off on knowing how everything works. I have kept my mouth shut and just absorbed information from anyone willing to share it. And it all came in handy this afternoon. It felt good for my department's VP to ask me what I thought, and then tell the other folks in the room that he didn't know, that's why he has me ... I'm the go to person.

Oh hell yeah. Job security at its finest.

I just have to suffer through tomorrow - then WEEKEND! I have no meetings scheduled, and my month-end reporting is finished ... just waiting to arrive at work tomorrow to send it to the appropriate parties. Tomorrow will be filled with blogging, chatting up The Others and TheBoy, and gearing up for the weekend. Fun times will be had by all.