not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, September 10, 2004

A Nooner.

As it's been mass chaos 'round TheFirm this week, Girlfriend and I decided to escape the confines of our captors and head to our favorite Asian restaraunt for lunch. I had intended to drown my sorrows of the day in mass amounts of sake ("drinking my lunch", as it were), but decided that this wouldn't be a prudent course of action. So we sat down and I tried to convince her, once again, that sushi is indeed very tasty ... I lost. To save her from actually seeing me consume raw fish (I think this would have sent her over the edge of sanity that she was already precariously teetering on), I ended up with a shrimp tempura, 4 California rolls, and some fried rice (their brown sauce is to die for). She shuddered when I told her precisely what the CA Roll was wrapped in. I'll convert her, just give me time. We also sat next to who was quite possibly the hottest guy I've seen in a long time (think: J with a few extra pounds, and a goatee). He ordered sushi. Not the lame cooked shit I ordered, but the real deal. He didn't even look at the menu, he just ordered. I would have been completely smitten, but I noted a glimmering band of gold on his left hand as he answered his cell phone. Again I will ask: Why are all the good ones either married or gay?

Anyhow, we chatted about the recent goings-on with me. She was quite inquisitive about TheBoy's status, what had become of J, and what had happened to T after I unloaded on him ... as well as all the other wackiness that is my life. Never mind the fact that she sees me nearly every day, she just generally doesn't pry ... but I digress. She laughed when she said "Really? TWO months with TheBoy? Wow, that's a record for you. What's the deal with this one?" Of course, I rolled my eyes at her. But only because she's the second person today to say that exact same thing to me.

My friends are either terribly perceptive, or terribly sarcastic.