not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, September 24, 2004

It's A Good Time For The Great Taste ...

I'm a breakfast person. I can't function without eating something in the morning. Get your minds out of the gutter, kiddies ... I mean FOOD. I have to have something in my stomach to be functional. And I generally don't get to the "functional" stages until the time is in double digits. I don't really ask for much in life: A hot man who's great in bed, finding pants long enough off-the-rack, a Kate Spade or three, and some decent freaking breakfast every morning.

Every morning, I eat one of two things from the cafe downstairs: either a quasi-tasty blueberry muffin, or a breakfast sandwich with egg and bacon (NO CHEESE) on Texas Toast or honey wheat bread (ick ... no white bread here). The bagels they offer are sub-standard, they taste like dry white bread, so I can't eat those. I don't care much for donuts (exception being the occasional binge on Krispy Kremes), and the vats of slimy oatmeal with hard raisins and clumpy brown sugar just don't appeal to me. So, I'm left with marginal blueberry muffins and high-fat-content breakfast sandwiches.

I'm going to cut someone in the cafe today. The breakfast bitches must die. The rat bastards have ruined one of the only two edible items: they changed the blueberry muffin recipe. It was horrid! Dry and crumbly, with very few blueberries (and fake ones at that). I should have just saved the carbs and just eaten my styrofoam coffee cup. I'm pretty sure that it tastes the same as the muffin.

It's days like today that I totally want the stellar culinary skills of TheBoy around. That man can make scrambled eggs like NO OTHER. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I daydream about them today, instead of the usual TheBoy daydream (hint: it involves a boardroom table).