not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Evening Plans, And A Haiku Treat For You!

Got a call this AM at 9:30, phone number on my caller ID at my desk looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place it ... so I answer ... it's G. Calling me at work, to say hello, that he had a wonderful time last night, and that he has tix for Funny Bone tonight. Wants to know if I'll go for dinner and the show.

Hold up, wait a minute. Let me get this straight. He violates the "three day rule", also calls me at work (because he knows that I won't answer my cell while in the building), before 10 AM, the day after a date? Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

I just broke my own rules and accepted the second same-day date from the cutie. With the stipulation that we don't sit in the front row.

I'm so slap-happy right now that I can't even stand myself. I shared a few of my haiku (yes, that IS the plural of "haiku", as per discussion with TheBoy) with some of the girls yesterday, and here's today's offering. It's not nearly as amusing (or inflammatory) as the other ones, but still mildly entertaining. Enjoy.

A United Way Haiku
by -h.

meeting, two thirty
talk till you're blue in the face
i will not donate