not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Cheaters And Liars, Redux.
Also: Random Smatterings Of Cranky.

Again, I generally hold the emotionally intimate details of my relationships, regardless of their status, in highest confidence. (Disclaimer: This is the haven for a little kiss-and-tell.) Usually, I won't emotionally expose someone that doesn't give their explicit permission. But this shit deserves to be blown WIDE open. This afternoon's conversation went a little somethin' like this ...

Had a stellar presentation. Have to do it again in the AM for [insert
SVP's name here].

Good job. Celebrate? What do you have in mind?


And then, after I made some suggestive suggestions (per usual), he grew silent. Not the usual cocky smack-talk that usually comes from him. Interesting. So I stop at Target for a little "victory lap" (complete with $50 cover charge, of course), and then come home to root through my Yahoo email with a glass of chardonnay. Logged on to AIM, and low and behold, there he is. So I wait about 10 and then drop him a note:

"Hey. You. What happened to my dessert?"

Reply: "Hang on a sec".

[elapse five minutes here]

So then the light bulb finally goes on over my head: "What, the girlfriend
doesn't care much for you talking shit to your FWB? Too bad, I could give
her a few pointers about what turns you on ..."

Then I got the message on my screen ...

[screen name] has signed off.


What a wuss. Apparently the truth hurts, and can get you in uber trouble with your girl. Both of 'em. I'll leave it alone now, and expect either one of two things from him: 1. A pouty "what was that all about" email tomorrow morning (which I will likely delete), or 2. The silent treatment for busting him out. Wonder which one I will receive? Taking odds on both options now.

But the more pressing question: Why did I just intentionally torch that relationship? Because really, I don't care about where it was going (because honestly, it only had one place TO go). But was it necessary for me to open that can of whoop-ass tonight? In a word: yes.

Why, you ask? Because damn it, I'm tired of this crap from people. Is it too much to ask to have someone that is honest, trustworthy, attractive, good in bed, emotionally available (and stable), attentive, not intimidated by a professionally successful woman, and worth introducing to The Others? I don't want anyone to kiss my ass, just a little kindness and respect. I'm firmly convinced that he does not exist, this mystery man.

As Carrie Bradshaw says: Are we just dating the same person over and over again?

Other crankiness:
  • Miss Ohio didn't win her talent preliminary tonight, her strongest category. This upsets me.
  • Why is my beloved Mike Valpredo on the evening news doing sports? He's supposed to be on in the morning. I like him on my TV in the morning to start out my day with a smile. The new morning anchor guy bores me.
  • My Spidey-Sense tells me that something is amiss with TheBoy. The marathon conversations (most of which were smokin' hot) have diminished. In fact, I haven't spoken to him (live, not electronically) since he called to check on me on Sunday night. Hmmm.

Time for bed. I have a presentation to make at 8:30 AM, which means that I actually have to stumble into work around 8. Wonder what my inbox will offer then ...