not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Sunday, August 15, 2004

"You ain't from 'round here, are ya ma'am?"
"Well, actually, no I'm not. Is it that obvious? And I was going exactly how fast again?"

This is one of the many highlights of the mini road trip to see TheBoy. One of the last things I was told was "don't speed through there, you'll get nailed." And of course, what did I do ... I sped. And I got pulled over. But luckily for me, the stars were in alignment yesterday (and my retired-beauty-queen smile is still fully operational), and the very nice State Police officer didn't see fit to write me a ticket. For the record: 74 in a 65 is what I was clocked at ... I was likely doing 85+ when I skidded past the cop. Oops. I still can't believe that I got off. Speaking of getting off ...

Had a fabulous night ... I have a new leader of my "top three" . Won't go into too much detail, as a lady doesn't kiss and tell that much. But shall I just say that it was well worth the drive? And that DAMN I could get used to that. Other festivities included: listening in on one drunk dial that came over the answering machine ... most amusing. Laughed heartily at it, because I'm rarely on the receiving (read: sober) end of a drunk dial. Thought we should go out, but my mind was QUICKLY changed. I don't even remember going to bed last night, just that we got there somehow.

After the usual early morning / late morning festivities, I was treated to a fabulous breakfast, and a cruise-controlled trip home. Stopped off in the Northern KY (heh heh ... KY ... it never gets old ...) area and hooked up with MAV for brunch ... ate at a dynamite little place called Indigo. Had a yummy salad, took more than half of it with (as I was still quite full from breakfast). A quickie stop at the Jeffersonville outlets was plannned, but I decided against it (back to school madness was evident). Grand total travel time today: six hours (when it should have only taken me 3 or 3.5). Hey man, half the fun is getting there, eh?

Off to hop into the Truckster again ... I have to drive an hour north to pick up the Princess from my mom and dad. I'm road-weary, but would (and will) do it again in a heartbeat.