not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, August 06, 2004

Yawn.
(aka: I didn't sleep at all last night ...)


So, I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm really really tired. I had a totally cute blonde in my bed, and I was awake for the better part of the night.

Get your mind out of the gutter, kids. Princess is cutting her two-year molars, and she was pretty miserable. Her little gums are all swollen up, and her little jaws are tender to the touch. She was wailing at about 1:30, and I went to pick her up and she said, while sniffling, "Mommy! Cuddle. Snuggle. Please?" Come on now, how can you say "no" to that? So she snuggled up to me, and sighed, and went to sleep. Poor little thing tossed and turned and whimpered all night, too. I broke down and gave her some Motrin at about 3, and some ice-packs for her little jaws. She breaks my heart when she hurts, and I can't fix it. I just want to make it magically all better for her, to stop her from hurting even just a teeny tiny bit.

Warning: Sleep Deprived Ramblings Follow ...

Although I try my hardest to keep this journal about my daily life as a single woman in constant search of her "groove", sometimes the other parts of my life sneak in as well. I'm fiercely protective of Princess, so I try to keep her life as seperate as possible from my exploits. But in all reality, her life is my priority. In every little thing I do, every decision I make, she is the deciding factor. Always. I don't write about her often on here, because I guess it's my odd way of keeping my life compartmentalized.

I often wonder how hard it is for a single guy to date me. Let's face it, I'm not the easiest person to deal with sometimes. I'm opinionated, busy, stubborn, ambitious, a workaholic, and a single mom. I will always be inextricably linked to R, he will always be in my life. And my daughter is, and always will be, my priority in life. But I have many redeeming qualities as well: I'm fiercely loyal, passionate, believe in total fidelity, have a great core group of supporting and loving friends, am honest (sometimes to a fault), fun, witty, and kinda cute. As I've said before ... eventually someone will surface that finds my insecurities and idiosyncracies endearing.

As Stuart Smalley says ... "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it ... people like me."