not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, August 16, 2004

Uh-Oh! It sounds like someone's got a case of the MONDAYS.

The "Office Space" wannabe idiots here at TheFirm strike again.

The Powers-That-Be in Girlfriend's department have decided to go all "The Bobs" on her. She has to interview for her own God damned job. The EVP of the division came in this morning, axed the SVP in charge (as well as the admin assistant), and then informed everyone else that they will all be interviewing for nine slots. Oh and the best part? She did it via CONFERENCE CALL. Because God forbid she'd actually show up to fire 30% of her people.

In between my audits this morning (every quarter I audit each of my 11 business units' reporting structure and audit trail ... I love busting their chops on this shit ...), I redid her resume. My heart just aches for her, because she has a HUGE new house (like, 4,000 square feet and change), as well as she is obviously the major breadwinner of the family.

Can y'all muster a little prayer, positive thought, dance, chant, voodoo ... whatever you do. Because she's really nervous right now. Thanks.

7:45 PM EDIT: Girlfriend and D (her hubby) were just here. She has been working all day on posting for new jobs. Her interview with The Bobs is on Wednesday at 9 AM EST. I advised her that it was not a wise idea to walk in and inform them that "it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care", but that bringing them a suitable sacrifice (as in, a red Swingline stapler) may be appropriate. She found this amusing, hugged me, and thanked me for being such a good friend. I just wish that I could do more for her right now, but I suppose that being her comic relief will have to do.