not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, August 20, 2004

so you go, and you stand on your own and you leave on your own
and you go home, and you cry and you want to die


Went to a sendoff last night for the SVP that got the axe. We totally surprised her, and she was really touched. She said that it will be hard to stand on her own after 12 years of the same company, but she will be OK. And I believe her. It was really bittersweet, as I'd have given my left arm to work for her again. It is funny, they "downsized" her, and her entire staff (and everyone that's worked for her in the past 2 years and left) was there to support her. There were about 25 people there to wish her well, including her out-of-town staff from Monroe LA, Cleveland OH, San Diego CA, and Edison NJ. We ate tons of food, drank lots of merlot (Blackstone, of course), played with Princess and Girlfriend's daughter (that's 28 days younger than Princess), we all laughed a lot and we even cried a little. This is going to suck, I'll miss her.

On the way home, I popped a little Love Spit Love into the changer (where the title lyric came from) and let Princess zone out to a little Nemo in the backseat (have a DVD player in the truck for times like that). Princess was crabby (it was well past her bedtime and she was quite overstimulated). She was in the midst of a minor instance of drama (read: whining) when NewBoy rang my cell. Have plans to go out on Saturday night. Yay! The day ended well, as it's apt to do when it ends with his making me laugh. I've said it once, I'll say it a million times ... funny guys are HOT.

Other thoughts: Have an errand to run this afternoon that I've neglected for a while - been a bad friend. I thought a lot about it during my drive home last night. Don't want to kick Friday off with a total downer, so I'll just leave it there ... and post about it later tonight.

NewBoy really does need a new name. Get to suggesting decent names, or Pinto will stick. Because it's been a little more than a month since he's been around, so he's not really "new" anymore.

On deck for this afternoon's post (as I usually do two-a-days, as NewBoy/Pinto notes): taking a cue from Man Moving On and writing up my "Ex-Files". This should be interesting ...