not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

pull my chin, stroke my hair, scratch my nose, hug my knees
try drink, food, cigarette, the tension will not ease
i tap my fingers, fold my arms, breathe in deep, cross my legs
shrug my shoulders, stretch my back, but nothing seems to please

Ever have one of those days where your entire being is unsettled? I mean, the kind of day where you are completely ADD-riddled from the inside out. You can't put your finger on what you need to calm your soul, but yet you spend tons of time trying to find it. I've cleaned the living room, went for a run (yes, me, she-who-cannot-stand-to-run), did all of my laundry, went for a drive ... nothing seems to make me relax.

Work is kicking my ass this week. I'm spending the better part of my day working on auditing all eleven business units that I'm responsible for. This is fun, all right ... fun like a root canal. Without anesthesia. Instead of being seen as the nice girl that is doing an important job (saving their asses from being sued or fined), I'm seen as 'The Enemy". Well, with one rare exception: who is that new tall blonde cutie on the claims team? He has a KILLER smile. And no wedding ring.

Olympic coverage is boring me. I need to see more of the U.S. Water Polo team. They are ab-so-lute-ly yummy. Phelps has a great body, but he's a little thin for my tastes. Women's gymnastics are on right now. Yawn. More hot boys, please.

Speaking of hot boys: Things have been going swimmingly with NewBoy lately. I find myself QUITE smitten with him. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 = undying love and affection a la Murphy and Burdie), I'd say I'm at about a 5. I usually hear from him by this time of night ... hmm. Should I call? Should I not? I suck at this dating thing. More later ... maybe.

10:55 PM EDIT: Sadly, no NewBoy tonight. I didn't call him either. I've debated it since my free nights and weekends kicked in promptly at 9 PM, but I held my ground and didn't call him. Maybe I should have. This whole game of dating is annoying. Should I have called? I could sit here and analyze this all damned night. Instead, I will just go tuck myself into my bed, all alone. Good night.