not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Monday, August 16, 2004

Post Number 250.

I didn't have a great and catchy title for this one, so I just went for the totally obvious one. Yes folks, this is the 250th post to grace the pages of ...::: grey.goose.cosmo :::... and not-so-dirty laundry. Who would have thought that my own little corner of the web, this little pithy indulgence, could have been so wonderful?

I got started blogging because of The Real MidgetBigot. Hands down, she is one of the funniest women I've ever read. Her sense of humor directly aligns with mine, and she has many of the same world views and experiences that I've had. Except for the fact that she is SMOKIN hot. But I digress. Nita is great. I would worship her, but this may offend her. Instead, I will just say that she kicks ass, and thanks for giving me the gift of blog.

I started writing a while ago, but never let anyone really read my work. I chronicled the birth of my daughter with humor and very little tact, and shared that with a select few people. It was well received, so I continued to write down my experiences and exploits (but kept them to myself). After the collapse of my marriage, and my moving out, I once again chose to seek solace in the written word. I decided to start my old journal, but hated the interface that EasyJournal offered. I came over here to Blogger, and I've been here since January.

It seems really strange to go back and read the archives. I'm such a different person than I was just a few months ago. I have really changed a lot since I started writing here. It was a lucky day that I enabled that fun little "comment" feature, too. This place has been my outlet for pain, for joy, and even for a little kiss-and-tell.

What does the future hold for your fair Martini? Who knows. There have been a few fun things (and people) that have come crashing into my life in the past few weeks, and a lot of things remain undecided as of now. But I'm sure enjoying the ride, and enjoying all of your comments and "warm fuzzies".

The folks here are great ... they know all of my neuroses, all of my faults ... and love me anyways. I think I'll stay.

Love to all ... thanks for reading my mind on a daily basis.