not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, August 06, 2004

More random sleep-deprived ramblings.

1. I want wings. Lots and lots of chicken wings. Wings from BW-3s or Roosters. Maybe The Lube. With cheesy fries. And some ice cold beer. Miller Lite. Now, mind you, I don't care much for fried food ... so why am I craving it? Is this some sort of metaphor for something (someone?) that's missing in my life today?

2. The guy in the next cube is making kissy noises to his boyfriend on the phone. The boyfriend's name is Lyle.

No number three. There is never a number three.

4. I'm bored. And pissed off. My directive to my business folks was to update our audit matrix, and return it to me with their validation by noon. They are late. They are also consequently screwing my schedule up. I deal in information. I depend on others to do my job. I want to go and stab them repeatedly with a spork right now ... all the while screaming "TURN. YOUR. SHIT. IN . ON. TIME. THEN. I. WON'T. HAVE. TO. SPORK. YOU." Actually, I think "to spork" is actually an active verb. An "action word" if you will.

5. Miata is competing this weekend. I will not be there to see her win. This troubles me greatly. I want to be there when they put that spahhhkly on her head. Ree will be there, and she has a handy-dandy camera phone. She better use it and send me photos and stuff. Or her fate will be much like the one described in number 4. ha ha

6. I'm doing really well with this whole drinking plain water thing. I'm on my 3rd bottle for the day. I have been trying to drink four full 20 oz. bottles each workday. I'm about to float away. I feel like I'm just sloshing around all day long. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming ...

7. Today's cosmic tidbit: "You've got passions that haven't even been named yet. Get out there and see if you can find a gang of like-minded weirdos who'll make you feel like you've come home." Passions that haven't even been named yet? NewBoy? Hmm. Ponderous. And we've already established who my like-minded weirdos are.

8. I *heart* the MTV Party To Go CD's. They are keeping me awake today. Nothin like a good bit of 90's R&B / Dance tunes to keep you movin. Currently spinning: "Come And Talk To Me" (mmm ... Jodeci) ... "Crush" (the "deeply crushed" remix) ... and "Baby Got Back" (the unedited version).

9. Birdherder needs a job. I think I'll try to help him find one with TheFirm. Leave your email, Burdie, and I'll get with ya off-line. We need to find you a suitable employment situation, so that you can make an honest woman out of Murphy soon.

I'm sure there will be more later. Gotta do something to stay awake, and God forbid I'd actually work.