not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, August 27, 2004

A Healthy Friday Afternoon Rant.

The following things are pissing me off today. If you are not in the mood to read a random smattering of pissed-off-ness, I'd suggest not reading this entry.

1. The U.S. Post Office. They are an ANGRY little government agency. I hate them. I now remember why I'm a "FedEx" kind of girl. I wasted my entire lunch hour there. I waited in line for 46 minutes, only to be told that their customer service number told me one thing, and they needed another. I had the wrong form, and that was too bad ... I'd just have to come back some other time. I'm not kidding. Just what I want to do, waste another hour of my time in the ghetto-riffic post office.

2. My apartment complex. They had the damned nerve to put some sort of letter in my door last night saying that if I wanted to go month-to-month, it would be an additional $100 a month. Or that I could sign another 12 month lease to avoid this "unfortunate fee". UNFORTUNATE FEE? What the hell kind of crap is that? I had fully intended to sign another lease, as I'm too lazy to move, and am about that far from being completely debt-free. But it still pissed me off.

3. J. Apparently I have pissed him off by informing him that he is NOT God's gift to women. Contrary to his belief, not EVERY woman out there will just fall at his feet, naked, when he flashes that smile. Because you know what ... sometimes there are things (and people) that are more important in life than just a booty call.

4. The Time-Space Continuum. This day is just freaking DRAGGING on and on. Come on, 5:00. Momma needs a little weekend.