not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Saturday, August 28, 2004

Another year gone by.

Has it really been two years? Really?

Today was Princess' 2nd birthday party. I stood in my living room, eating copious amounts of barbeque and other assorted foods that will take me a lot of time to work off, and thought about this. It truly amazed me how much my life has changed in just a short amount of time.

It seems strange to me that my life is what it is. Like sometimes, I just look around and go, "is this really my life? Am I really here right now?" It's almost like I became a completely different woman for an entire five years of my life, a complete out-of-body experience. And now, it's just like I've been dropped into someone else's life. I don't think I would change anything, really. But sometimes, days like today make you stand back and take stock of your life.

After a house-full of people came and went, I'm left with just Princess and Salem The Super Cat. Neither of which are particularly interested in what I have to offer right now. Princess has oodles of new toys to play with (and apparently all of them need her attention at once), and Salem has a very full kitty belly of burgers, brats, hot dogs, and other random items. It's pouring down rain, complete with thunder and lightning, so going outside to play isn't really an option. So, here I sit.

Come on, 9:00. That's bedtime 'round these parts. Maybe I'll pick up the phone and call TheBoy - as it will surely make me feel a little better - and much much happier.

PS - if you want to see photos of today's Fiesta, just comment or email ... I'll gladly email you the link.

11:58 PM EDIT: Tonight, I didn't call him ... even though I really wanted to. And he didn't call me. I started reading Steve's Blog (not safe for some workplaces that have a text filter), and I got sidetracked for an hour or so. He's really an intriguing man, and I could honestly see some of his thought processes working throughout his trials. This both scares me and intrigues me, ha ha. He also made me think about some things. The night then got away from me, whether consciously or subconsciously - and now it's time for bed. Maybe the rain (both literally and figuratively) will ease when the sun parts the clouds tomorrow morning. After all, it's already looking up ... Mr. Valpredo was on the midnight news with a wrap-up from Athens. Good night, all.