not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, July 02, 2004

You've got mail!
(God, I love that sound ...)


Is it possible to miss someone that you've just recently met?

Today, the majority of the free world (at least here at the new JPMorganChase, anyway) took a vacation day. But alas, your fair Martini is resigned to working. As part of my job, I am solely responsible for the coordination of the disaster recovery planning and testing for my department (one which has nearly 250 employees, nearly 100 full-time contractors, all of which are situated across five sites and three time zones). Our testing is coming up soon, so I'm spending the majority of my time readying for that. So, I had to work today. This sucks.

Anyhow, J and I have been burnin up the WWW with our email back-and-forth during the days. Nothing shameful, mind you, just banter back and forth. Well, and of course ... some obtuse fliration and/or dirty thoughts ... you would be disappointed in me if it was just "small talk", wouldn't you? It certainly does make my days go by much more quickly! It is really nice to feel that you are important to someone - as I haven't felt that way in a really long time. In fact, I arrived this morning (after an off-site meeting) to a short and sweet email just letting me know that he would be in and out all day, but would miss "talking" to me. Boys, pay attention to his technique ... that, gentlemen, is the way to woo a lady.

Women really aren't complex creatures, as most relationship counsellors and "experts" would have you believe. Truly, all we want is to feel wanted and needed (but not smothered), the occasional bouquet of flowers (something more original than a dozen grocery-store roses, please. Picking a few wildflowers means much more than a $100 dozen of roses, anyhow - it really is the thought that counts), and some good sex every-so-often (some of us more often than others). Oh, and of course, an occasional monkey every once in a while makes you a winner, boys.

After the long string of disappointment that has plagued my life lately, it's nice to have something that makes me smile like this. Between R and his complusive indecisiveness, T and his MARRIAGE, B and his inability to sustain a relationship outside of the bedroom ... a "normal" man is a VERY welcome thing!

Off to mom and dad's for the Holiday weekend (July 4th, for you out-of-towners), with my sweet Princess. Barbeques and fun in the sun will abound, that's for sure! I'll do my best to check in with y'all this weekend.