not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, July 28, 2004

We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
 
Another day, another computer ... that's my motto.  See, I think that I shouldn't be allowed to touch computers ever again.  Because I now have hosed two (count 'em two) laptops in just as many weeks.  Here I am at the stupid library, AGAIN, because I have an assignment due for my class (more on that in a minute).  My system was just fine until I rebooted the damned thing this morning before I left for work.

Anyhow, I had this fabulous idea to steal Drama Queen's idea (thanks for the props, btw) and go off on my blog ancestry.  But alas, 'twas not to be.  I *heart* the Columbus Metropolitan Library.  Guess I better vote for that levy after all.

Daily happenings, other than frying yet another computer:

  • Regarding J: he has grovelled appropriately, but still has yet to see the error of his ways.  Translated, he says he's sorry, but I highly doubt he means it.   I was swamped at work today (didn't even get to go have my Murphy/Birdherder fix), and didn't really have time to babysit him.  Damn my job for getting in the way of my social life!  Sadly though, I find myself in a quandary ... if I continue to keep the lines of communication open, J will continue to abuse the situation.  I no longer want a "boy toy" or a "friend with benefits" ... that sure as hell isn't keeping me warm at night (more on what - or who - is in the next bullet-point).  Alone sucks.  And J can either get on the f-ing giddy-up-along, or he can just go back from whence he came.
  • Regarding NewBoy: Oh my, oh my ... where to begin.  Apparently, disclosing all of one's neuroses is certainly food for incredibly hot and sordid conversation.  Again, already busted him out for having read here before.  I know he still does, because he remarked last night that I usually post twice in one day, and that there is never a number three.  He knows of the existence of J, obviously, but he also knows that it's very likely that J's days are numbered.  NewBoy is a very patient man, and apparently knows exactly how to push this girl's buttons.  Hints to make me happy, which NewBoy has already mastered: Communication is a good thing.  Picking up the phone and calling when you promised you would is a good thing.  Asking me if I am tired is a good thing.  Not assuming ANYTHING about me is a good thing.  Need I go on?
  • Regarding TheFirm: I managed to land myself in a meeting with several power-players this afternoon, and spent a significant amount of my time feeling them out for information.  Seems that I, as a person, am fairly safe for right now.  I will, although, be keeping my feelers out just in case a good possibility comes along.
  • Regarding my class:  I'm getting a D.  D does not equal DONE.  I have to have at least a C for TheFirm to pay for it.  So, I guess that means I'd better get my shit together and go do my homework.
  • Regarding R: He interviewed for two new jobs today.  This will make him very happy.  I unselfishly offered to be a reference for him, but requested that they not inform the HR folks that I was his ex wife.  I do look damn good on paper, so this could help him immensely.  And he better thank me properly. 

Off to get my classwork done.  I'll have email at work, but I doubt that either of my I.T. hookups (R and J) will surface to fix my laptop at home.  No matter, as I'm picking up a new computer (well, new to me) on Friday while visiting the parents.  Love to all, and to all a new hard drive.