not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Thursday, July 29, 2004

The "Top Ten" Things To Know About Me.

  1. I got the nickname "Martini" during a night of debauchery.  My slurred speech spit out the gem that will now define my entire life:  "FUCK. YOU.  I don't need no man.  I gots me a Marteeeeeeeeeni.  YOU HEAR ME?!?  A Martini! ..:: hiccup ::.. "  It will stick, I think, due to the fact that I have an unnatural affection for Grey Goose cosmopolitans.  I like my martinis just like I like talk from my men ... dirty, dirty, dirty.
  2. Turn ons include: Southern drawls (just a smidge of one, not the whole "down on the bayou" kind of unintelligible garbage), men in suits, boxer briefs, kisses (lips, neck, other places too), great skin, sparkling smile, big hands, broad shoulders, a knowledge of flowers and/or wine (inventive flowers ... not just red roses ... but there is one specific kind of rose that wins my heart over any other flower.  Bonus points to the man that knows my favorite wine too!), men that know how to play Texas Hold-Em (but let me win anyways), ambition, commitment, honesty.
  3. ....:::: intentionally left blank ::::....
  4. Turn offs include: Disrespectful jerks, narrow-minded people, mid-life crises, hardcore Republicans, sloppy kissers, selfish people, animal haters.
  5. Shower or bath: Depends on the situation.  If I'm alone, it's a bath.  With Kiehl's lavender and sea salt bubbles.  But if I have company - shower.  With a few choices of shower gel.
  6. E-Mail:  I'm a Gmail kind of girl.  But I keep two Yahoo's for anonymity (my Gmail addy involves my real name).  Only special people get the Gmail account.
  7. Totally Hot:  Joe Rogan, John Edwards, Jordan Knight, Mike Valpredo.
  8. Not hot: John Kerry, Carson Daly, David Letterman.
  9. Annoying: men that wear short-sleeved shirts with ties.  How "Falling Down" of you.
  10. Silver or Gold: Depends on the mood and the outfit.  I generally wear silver anymore (haven't worn much gold since I no longer wear a wedding ring).  I usually have on one of two necklaces: a simple and very dainty John Christian necklace with an anchor on a chain, or a "Return To Tiffany's" heart-shaped tag on a ball-chain.