not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Things that turn me on.

1. John Edwards. The Democratic ticket is enough to make any good liberal cream her jeans. Mr. Edwards is everything that Mr. Kerry is not ... attractive, smooth, attractive, self-made, attractive (see a pattern here?). Dare I say it ... John Edwards turns me on. Damn good thing he's happily married, or I'd have to go all Monica Lewinsky on his shit.

2. J. Recall that I said yesterday that nothing was sexual. Somehow, conversation turned to the sexual today. We have established that I am the freak of the two of us (no, really?) and that we are really similar creatures (serial monogamists). We really get along quite well. I like this. The *spark* really is there. Where will this go? No one knows. But I really am enjoying the ride, that's for sure. He pushes my buttons, he knows just what to say, and how to say it. There is some serious potential there.

3. Independence. You realize that not once today did I email or call R. And really, it was because I didn't think about him. This is the first day in a really long time that he didn't cross my mind. He called after Princess was in bed, regarding our dog (SuperPup stays with R, because I don't have a yard). All about his shots, and that he got into a fight with a dog while on a walk today. But I didn't chat long, as Princess got a bit of a fuss on, and I had to cut the conversation short to console her. We have plans to go to a Clippers game, and I'm not exactly sure what his intentions are (I asked him to go to my company night out with myself and Princess, and he accepted). We shall see what happens on July 16th. I think that I'm in a place in my life right now that I don't "need" him any more. If he decides, after the great time at BL last week, he wants for this to be a "more than friends" situation again, he'll make it so then. If not, I will eventually let him on on the J thing (because it will have been blatantly obvious that he doesn't see me in "that way" anymore). We shall see, as I've played my hand - it's high time that he either calls it, or folds it.

4. Mike Valpredo. He certainly makes it easy to wake up every morning. Maybe I can start a fan club. Think he would be offended? Anyone want to join?