not-so-dirty laundry
not-so-dirty laundry
love, ambition, sex, designer handbags, hotties in yankees caps ... the daily brain-dump of a twenty-something
Friday, July 30, 2004

There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I spent my trip up here to mom and dad's with my beloved 6-disc changer in my truck. I realize that there is always a "method to my madness" when it comes to my choice in music. For instance, I find that I listen to sappy love songs when there is a worthy man in my life, and that I sing more when I'm happy. I prefer to keep my performance CD in my changer, and I actually sing (and work my vocal chords) when I'm in a pleasant mood.

I apparently have been in a great mood lately, because Princess has taken to demanding that I play "CHERRIES!" For those that have never had the opportunity to hear me sing, my best genre is one that showcases my very booming and loud "Broadway" sort of voice. One of my best songs is "Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries" from Fosse, so when I'm in a good mood, it spins quite often. She also seems to like "Once Upon A Dream" from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. This semi-classical piece is a far cry from Fosse, but still very showy. I have hidden my music for the Bastard Song That Will Not Die (aka Orange Colored Sky).

Today at work, I was so absorbed in alternately getting some work done (auditing matrices - yawn), and e-mailing back and forth with NewBoy (definitely not yawn). He really does need a proper name, but I can't think of one. Maybe one of you can suggest a good name for him.

While we are on the subject of NewBoy ... tonight is the first time in nearly a week that I haven't spent a record amount of phone time with him. By record, I mean a minimum of two hours plus, each night. We could talk for hours on end, maybe even days. But since I'm here at the parental units' (and I prefer to keep them in the dark about my social life), I didn't call him tonight. Without my nightly "tuck in" from him, I feel, in a word ... lonely. He even put up with my consumption of an entire bottle of wine (and the ensuing silliness) the other night, and then told me after the fact that apologies were not necessary. I guess the bottom line is ... I kinda like having him around.

I'm off to bed, as I have a lot of work ahead of me tomorrow. I have to finish some homework (thankfully my class is almost over), and I'm sure there will be a trip to Robek's in my future. There is a God, and he wants me to have a Big Wednesday with a Nutri*Bek booster. Maybe even some whey protein. I'll have to ask Him.